Wednesday, November 18, 2009

De-Stress with Your Pet!

With the lovely autumn weather we've experienced in Casper recently have come several wonderful walks through the neighborhood. Having two dogs prompts my husband and I to get out and stroll, or when he's not home, for me to "tag along" with the two spaniels! We walk either early in the morning, before the kids arrive at the local school, or later, after the kids are in school and their parents are at work. Either way, the crisp autumn mornings with cloudless sky offer a peaceful, relaxing start to the day!

And, if one's day is off to a great start, chances are a person can handle the little darts of stress that life often brings our way during the day. Taking a morning walk, petting and caring for our pets, and other enjoyable tasks put a smile on our face and that releases endorphins that help us meet the day's challenges.

At the end of the day, our pets come to our aid once again. My cat Murphy crawls into my lap once I sit in my recliner with the afgan, purring and wanting attention and snuggling into the blanket. Sage or Cody sits beside in the chair (yes, the recliner is oversized to accommodate both dogs and cats!). Talk about relaxing! I love these evenings shared with my four-footed friends!

Our pets provide great health benefits, including reducing stress, lowering blood pressure, and uplifting our moods. And with the holidays coming on, often adding to our stress, isn't that great news?! So, play with those kitties, and get out that leash - our pets are ready to help us de-stress and smile!

No comments: