Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter Warmth

Winter has returned to Wyoming, with snow during the weekend and morning temperatures around zero the past few days. Fortunately, the sun shines brightly today, helping to warm the winter day.

The animals, too, have needed more warmth lately. Murphy, our black and white cat, burrows under the covers on the bed - and she has long hair! Sage sleeps near the woodstove on one blanket, and Cody shares the other "doggie" blanket with Bailey, our tortishell cat! I moved my computer today into the dining room to be near the woodstove. Maybe we're all just getting old!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and my husband gave me a very lovely card, red roses, a box of chocolates, and a bottle of red wine. His thoughtfulness and his love warms my heart.

Sunshine, woodstove, loving and devoted pets... not too many other ways a person needs to have warmth in the home and in the heart!

No comments: