Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring is coming!


Is spring arriving where you live? This wonderous season is trying to make a comeback in the Rocky Mountains where I reside, and the pets know it! (The songbirds seem to feel it, too, I've noticed this week!) The dogs are restless and want to take more walks each day, and the cats want to spend more time in the backyard. Let them, I say! They need the exercise, and frankly, so do I. With temperatures climbing into the upper 40s to mid-50s and sunshine showing (I know some of you southern types may be shivering just thinking, "It's only 45 or 50, and she thinks spring is coming?!", but for one living with temps only in the 20s or maybe 30 for four months, 45 is WARM!) now is the time to put on those walking shoes, get out the garden and grass rakes, and take yourself and your animals outdoors! Make sure your pets are safely with you, whether on a leash while near the street or within sight while in your backyard. Being out in the fresh air and sunshine is good for our pets and good for us people, too.
I hope spring is coming where you live. If it's already there, count your blessings -- snow will continue to fall off and on where I live for the next two or three months. That's what I like about spring, though -- it's a hopeful season, and I'm hoping it comes to stay and SOON!

No comments: